Primrose House Resident's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current issues

+3
Admin
Jason
Charlie
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Current issues - Page 3 Empty Re: Current issues

Post by Charlie Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:05 pm

I had a quick look in Wickes earlier today and it looks like new barrels and keys are about £12. The only issue I saw was that the door can't be closed from the inside (unlike the ones on your front door which can be locked from either side of the door) as there is no hole on the inside of the door.

If we could get the right sort of lock it should be fairly easy to replace if the guide here is anything to go by:
http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Change-Cylinder-40273142

The other option is to get another key made up, the code on the lock is ENI2209 I think.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:22 pm

The bit we should need is something like this:
http://www.locksonline.co.uk/acatalog/Asec_Euro_Single_Cylinder_6_Pin.html

I'll try and have a look later on today or tomorrow to see if this is all that is needed. The new cylinder would come with 3 keys.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:42 am

Good work Charlie, seems ok. How many extra keys would we need another 6 ?. I'll contribute to whatever the cost is.

BTW just a word of caution, my computer is blocking the video at 5min.com as it's saying it's got a malicious addon embedded in it after it plays for a few seconds.

Last edited by Jason on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Windows not Kaspersky stopping video)

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm

I have managed to track down a place that has the right sized lock cylinder and I'll try and pop in over the next few days. It should be a quick swap and will come with 3 keys. If we need more than 3 keys then we can just get some extra keys cut. I'll keep you all posted.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:10 pm

There seems to be a Saab convertible parked in the car park in one of the spaces on the right hand side spaces at the moment. It has been there for a few days. I am not sure if it 'belongs' to the kids as it is in the same place where I have seen them park before.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Charlie, I think it does belong to them, I saw them in it on Sunday afternoon, but I no that space belongs to the Silver BMW owner who lives on the top floor in the back block, but I haven't seen him around this week. They moved it sunday evening but it re-appeared on Monday evening and has been there ever since, also one of the windows looks to be part the way down, which is a bit wierd or dodgy but there looks to be a red light lit up in it which would suggest it would be alarmed?

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by kate Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:32 pm

Since the Saab disappeared from our carpark , a dark red car seems to have taken it's place. It was parked in Abi's & Charlie's space over the weekend & when i went to work Sunday morning there was someone asleep in it.
Has anyone else had problems with it parking in their space? It seems like this is going to be another ongoing problem unless we try and put a stop to it asap.

kate

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Yep. the red Hyundai is their car. They do seem to get through their cars.

It was parked in my spot on Sunday afternoon and so I blocked it in and left a number for them to call if they wanted me to move. The kid from the building did call at my door and I did get a call from a landline number at the same time. He was apologetic and I don't think he'll be parking in my spot again. The car was there this morning in one of the spaces to the left of the car park entrance when entering from the road (is that Abi's space?).

I think the only thing that can be done is to keep reporting any incidents to the police on 101 and we just hope things will settle down a bit as it gets colder outside. Any other suggestions?

I am working on getting the lock changed at the moment. I removed the old one last night. It was a bit messy getting the old one out without the keys. I have a replacement and will try to fit it asap.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Abi Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi All

Yes it was in my space again this morning. (Unfortunately as i don't have a car there most of the time i cant block them in!). Will try and get number plate and report it or something.... not sure if anything can be done though as it is classed as private property.

Abi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about the on going issues.

Not sure what can be done about cars parking in other peoples allocated slots, but surely something can be done as certain flats will have had slots allocated to them and this info is on the land registry info, so legally if a flat has an allocated parking slot then that is for the sole use of the owner of that flat.

Thanks Charlie for the work getting the lock changed. I saw the lock was removed this morning but have to admit not sure if a new lock is in yet as was out longer today than expected and hence eager to get upstairs for a drink :). Anyway when a new lock is in I'll reimburse you for the lock and a set of keys.

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that Jason and I fitted a new lock to the Back Block meter cupboard at the bottom of the stairs. It has taken a few attempts to get the bits required over the last few weeks but it is all done now. The door has been locked and currently Jason and I have the only keys. I will be looking into getting a few more keys sorted out so let me know if anyone else wants a key cutting.

Thank you very much to Jason for his help with this!

I haven't seen the kids around the building lately and hopefully locking that door will give them one less reason to linger in the communal areas.

Hope you all have a great Christmas!

Charlie

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:39 am

Hi All,

Think everyone will find it better now that the meter cupboard is now secure.

Charlie and I are now much more knowledgeable about locks and think we did a good job replacing the lock and lock case. It's always nice when things gets sorted.

I did a bit of wood work on the part of the door frame that takes the lock bolt and I think this is an improvement on what it was like with just a raw wooden hole and a piece of metal set at the wrong angle.

In time hopefully we'll have some sort of maintenance regime setup to take care of things. I think what Charlie and I have done though shows you can do a lot with just a little bit of effort and if we do little bits we'll be ok until a proper maintenance setup is in place.

I'll look into the lights I think on the top floor here as two of the three are out of action at the moment and it's quite dark to be honest.

Has anyone heard about the sale of the freehold ?.

Ok best be off as a friend has just turned up who I'd given up on for the night :).

Happy Xmas all

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:04 am

Hi Charlie and Jason,

Can I just say a big well done for fixing the lock on the meter cupboard door I noticed it the other day and looks very good, thanks for your efforts here. I am more than willing to contribute to whatever the costs of the lock was, i'll even chip in a bit for labour costs lol. I'll also like a key cut please and will pay for that at the same time if thats ok, so just let me know.

On another note it's a good 3 or 4 weeks or so since I last saw the kids, they seemed to be turning up in a different car everytime at one point so thats good news that there not around anymore. hopefully it's long term but the piece and quiet is good enough for now.

Thanks again.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:13 pm

Thanks Steve. It does all seem to have gone quiet for the moment. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it stays that way. I haven't seen the kids around at all for a while and there have been no unusual cars in the car park either.

Kate, do you know if anyone has moved out from your side of the building?

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas and New Year!

Thanks to everyone for contributing here.

Charlie

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks Steve,

It is better, I just noticed this afternoon when coming back in that the lamp posts in the inner courtyard had been knocked over again. I did try to stand them up but without much success as snow was covering the bases and the screws are bent.

As it's Xmas I'm not to worried to be honest about the £6.15 that the lock case cost.

If I did want something in return I'd have to admit at mo it's getting the correct cam lock for my mailbox as I had to replace mine when coming to live here and current one was a get one quick and fit it and now it's not so good. Anyway any help with finding one suitable would be a great help :).

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by kate Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi - i don't think anyone has moved out on our side but i do know that flat 3 has been repossessd as about 3 weeks ago as i bumped into a bloke who was changing the locks & he told me - this flat has been empty for a good 6mths or more. I've also had a letter from Wiliam H Brown Estate Agents about marketing flat 3 as they don't have a key for any of the communal doors as the lock on the apartment has been changed. They were offering cash for anyone who would supply them with a copy of a key. I called them to explain that the key to our individual apartment also opens communal doors & that i'd be suprised if anyone would give them a copy of their key. I also explained about the issues re no management company and that the freehold was up for auction which they were unaware of.
If i hear anything else i'll keep you posted.

kate

Back to top Go down

Post by Abi Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi All

Firstly, sorry for my absence - I have been away.

Charlie and Jason thank you so much for changing the lock, it really has improved the look of the place and offers me significant reassurance knowing it is now secure. I am also happy to contribute to costs incurred and would like to pay to get a copy of the key. I have returned to my electricity statement, so may be bothering one of you this evening to read the meter!

Thanks for the info on flat 3 Kate, i had seen it was on the market and was a bit shocked that it was up for such a low price. Think the repossesssion might explain that.

I hope everyone has had a good Christmas and Happy New Year

All the best

Abi

Abi

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi everyone! Happy New Year to you all.

It is interesting to hear about the flat being repossessed, I would hope that is the reason for the low valuation. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know if the communal utility cupboard doors (obviously not the back block electricity meter cupboard) are able to open the outer doors too? Perhaps that could be a solution to the Estate Agents? Just a thought.

Abi, I can get a key made up for you near work. I checked the other day and they can cut another key for £3.50 I believe. I'll get one made up for you asap. Does anyone else want a copy of the key?

Thanks,

Charlie

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:51 pm

Looking back throught these posts it looks like Steve also wanted a copy of the key too. Is that still the case Steve? I presume it will be and will try to get 2 made up in the next day or so.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Yes please charlie, let me know how much it is and i'll give you the money.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi Steve,

I got 3 keys cut at lunchtime with one for you and another for Abi. Are you around this evening? I'll try and pop up to you and Abi early this evening. I'll be in all evening tonight so feel free to pop down (flat 12) whenever is good for you.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:19 pm

HI Charlie,

Great thaks, I am out tonight I am afraid but am in all day tomorrow as working from home due the weather and will b in tomorrow night also.

I can pop round to you at some point tomorrow if thats easier, if you can let me know how much and i'll reinburse you.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi Steve,

No problem, I should be home from 7pm tomorrow evening so feel free to drop down anytime after that. I got 3 extra keys cut and they were ultimately only £3 each instead of £3.50 because I got a few done at the same time.

Thanks,

Charlie

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by kate Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:13 am

Hi - i think the Reeds Rains board up in the carpark is for the empty ground floor flat on the back block as the estate agents that have contacted me about flat 3 are William H Brown and the woman that i spoke to said they can't market the flat until they can get a key for the comunal doors.
I have the key for the meter cupboard on my side so i'll try it & see if it works on the comunal doors.

kate

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:57 am

Thanks for the extra info about the flats Kate. The Reeds Rains listing photo ( http://www.reedsrains.co.uk/property-for-sale/flat-for-sale-langsett-road-hillsborough-sheffield-s6-2-sale-id-200164821 ) seems to point to it being in the front block.

It could be that William H Brown are responsible for selling the repossessed flat and they are using Reeds Rains to market it. Difficult to say really.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum