Primrose House Resident's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About the service charge

+3
Steve
Jason
Yikun
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

About the service charge - Page 2 Empty Re: About the service charge

Post by reneecg Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:07 pm

I've just spoken to Martin Knotts (accounts @ Adderstone) and he says if someone or someone's don't pay the fee they get sent about 3 letters over 4 weeks and then they get in touch with solicitors, credit controll people and eventually the mortgage company lending on the property in question, the mortgage company would then foot the bill and it would be added to that persons loan.

he says they're quite strict when it comes to collecting fees and go through the process to get it (i bet!)

so all we need to do now is figure out what we think is a fair amount to pay and who's willing to put this across to them, i know i am. they're not allowed to charge what they want, especially when they've not done anythin

Renee

reneecg

Back to top Go down

Post by Abi Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi All

Thanks for the info. Ive been away a lot recently so I appreciate being able to read this and catch up with things! I am definitely inclined to pay by direct debit or standing order on a monthly basis so that we can stop payments in the event services are not provided.

I actually don't think the fees are too bad compared to several other properties I know. The only experience of service charge we have is from 2007 so will have increased since that period and don't forget the building has had no maintenance for a good 9 months so there will be outlay to get it back in order. The fire alarm system maintenance is require to guarantee buildings insurance, not sure if this has been mentioned before. Since it has not been tested regularly it will need a review then weekly assessment from then on (this might account for the big sum on the breakdown).

At present Im embarrassed by communal areas, they are not maintained and look rough. I think by all chipping into this, the property will look a hell of a lot better and it should help to maintain our property prices (which Im sure we all could do with!!). If somebody can negotiate a lower fee that would be great but if not Im happy to go with the fees we have been given, paying on a monthly basis.

Let me know what the general consensus is - I don't want to be the only person paying!!

Cheers
Abi

Abi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi All,

I met some people today and they've said the management fees do seem on the high side. As long as the expenditure rolls on each year and if expenditure costs are lower, then next year they reduce service charges to balance this then not to worried about expenditure. Management fees though are gone for good into management company. Basic info I'm getting is it has to be a group decision.

I've also had a call from someone else and they've said The Leasehold Advisory Service is a place to contact. I've also had a look on the net and come across http://www.servicechargesavings.com/ which might be an idea to contact. I don't want to do too much without it been the consensus of rest of flat owners.

I'm happy to go with the group on this and pay the monthly fees as appropriate or try to haggle the costs down.

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi All,

I've setup my standing order to pay £58.52 each month on the 24th, starting on 24/04/10 to Adderstone.

Lets hope things run smoothly.

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by kate Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi everyone - i agree with Abi's comments. The communal areas have been a disgrace for far too long and i now just want the building back to a respectable state. I have set up a monthly standing order too.

I am a bit concerned that James from Adderstone advised that cleaning would start last week but he only rec'd the meter cupboard key from me on Friday so i will give him the benefit of the doubt however if there is no evidence of cleaning by Wednesday i will contact James again.

Thanks
Kate

kate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Kate/Jason,

Where did you obtain adderstones account details from? I'll set mine up once I know the details.

Cheers.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Steve,

The account details are on the demand letters, which should be :-

Account Name: Primrose House Service Charge Client Account
Sort Code : 20 59 50
Account No: 53664236

and remember to include a reference, I've used 19 Primrose House for mine which I think should be ok.

Account can be shorter in Standing Order setup as sort code and account no most important according to my bank when I once said I couldn't setup a standing order as Account Name was too long, they said Name can basically be anything as long as sort code and account number accurate).

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Abi Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:51 pm

I've set my standing order up too starting 24th April.

Abi

Abi

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi everyone!

I have been super-busy recently and haven't been very involved with plans.

I spoke to a few people at Adderstone today. I too have arranged to pay on a monthly basis. They asked me to confirm that I was going to do so by email which I did.

I spoke to James briefly and queried when cleaning and repairs were due to start. He said that they had held off on this until they had received some funds into the Primrose House account. He mentioned that not much had been received so far.

I gather James is drafting a letter to us all with an update on the situation. I gather he will address the queries about costs either here on the forum or in these letters.

Thanks,

Charlie

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi All,

I too have set my standing order up for £58.52 to start on 24 April 2010.

Hopefully we should start to see some work commence soon.

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by kate Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi everyone - i have chased up the cleaning with James & rec'd the following reply today:

Kate

I must apologise for the continued delay; I was unwilling to allow cleaners to attend until I had been provided with all relevant health and safety documentation which has now been provided and I am satisfied with the content.

The confirmed date for cleaning to commence is Tuesday (27.04.2010) next week. In addition to the planned cleaning I am waiting on a quotation for the carpets throughout the building to be cleaned.

I intend to be present on site next week to inspect cleaning works and amongst other issues.

Your patience in this matter is appreciated and please do not hesitate to contact me with any further queries you may have regarding this.

Kind regards

James T Atkinson BSc(Hons)

kate

Back to top Go down

Post by reneecg Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:32 pm

hi, has he said if we're still paying from the first of this month or from when work actually begins? because i dont agree in paying for work not carried out

Renee

reneecg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi Renee,

I think most people are paying £58.52 by standing order on 24th of each month, starting on 24th April.

I think overall we just need to monitor what happens and see if we get good value for money and satisfaction from Adderstone.

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum