Primrose House Resident's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meters assigned wrongly to flats

4 posters

Go down

Meters assigned wrongly to flats Empty Meters assigned wrongly to flats

Post by Jason Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi All,

I don't know how many people in the end this is likely to affect, but I've had a lot of trouble setting up an electricity account with Scottish Power as they say the wrong meter has been assigned to my flat.

I have given them the serial number from what I have confirmed as my meter and they have confirmed that my flat has had the wrong meter assigned to it. They have also said that 9 flats have the wrong meters assigned to them, a very scary thought !!!.

Scottish Power say it is very common for meters in new flats to get mixed up. Hopefully if meters are incorrectly assigned to flats this will get sorted out. Scottish Power say it will take around 2 months for me to have an electricity account, but not to worry as I have given them the initial meter readings when I moved in.

If someone has been getting their readings for their bills from my meter, they'll probably be due a nice rebate as my meter has a very high reading on it (about twice any other meter) and hence they'll have been paying for lots of electricty they haven't used.

Jason

Back to top Go down

Meters assigned wrongly to flats Empty Re: Meters assigned wrongly to flats

Post by Admin Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Jasdale.. I am currently dealing with Scottish Power to have the issue rectified. Could you please post what serial number you have had confirmed as your meter and what the wrongly numbered meter's serial number was?

I am due to email their Customer Relations department tomorrow.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://primrosehouse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:31 am

Hi Simon,

I've confirmed that the meter with serial number KD06K64408 is my meter as it has number 19 on it and it was actually your dad who told me how to make sure that was my meter as I'd explained to him why Scottish Power were asking and he suggested trying the switch at the side of it to make sure it related to my flat and yes it did. So please say thanks to your dad for the suggestion.

I'm not sure which meter serial number was previously assigned to my address as Scottish Power haven't said and I've not asked to be honest. I have a feeling which ever was the wrong meter assigned to this flat not much power was used as Scottish Power suggested £15/month for electric and then it fell through as they needed to check meter serial number, as their system flagged meter could be wrong.

As regards who has my meter at present I have a feeling as this flat on the Land Registry is classed as Unit 16 (to be known as Apartment 19) that 16 Primrose House (Abi) has been paying for the meter readings from my meter as her utility bills are high and the electricity readings on my meter are high. My meter since moving in is going up by about a normal amount at the moment so I imagine the previous owner must have used a lot of electricity at this address and was doing quite well not paying for it :).

Anyway that's why opinion. If not Abi, whoever has had their meter readings based on my meter will get a rebate from their electric company.

At my end all I can do is keep initial meter reading on meter I know is mine and hope within the next 2 months I'll get an electric account setup with Scottish Power.

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Abi Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:39 am

Hi Guys

Im a bit confused!
Ive successfully isolated the electric to my flat today (which is meter box 16 serial no KD06K64403) and the bills i have recieved since occupying the property (April 07) relate to this serial number.

Im not sure whose meters are switched but its definitely not mine....good luck sorting it out - i don't envy the task and thanks for keeping me posted!!

Abi

Abi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:56 am

It is a bit of a pickle :).

I'll be glad when it's sorted out with Scottish Power, as it's nice to know where you are with things. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon without to much fuss.

Seems

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:13 pm

I will have to dredge up the paperwork for the electricity meter for my apartment. I will post details when I get it sorted. I will make a note to figure it out asap.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:31 pm

Hope yours is okay Charlie and not wrongly assigned, but then again if you've had your readings based on my meter, then you'll be in for a rebate from your Electricty supplier :).

Main thing is it gets sorted sometime the flats that do have wrong meters assigned as having correct meter assigned to your flat is obviously a very important thing as you are then paying for what you use and are in control of your own usage and bills due to that usage.

I've got no updates as regards my own situation and not in a rush as Scottish Power said it would take 2 months to sort out getting me an electricity account and as long as I have initial meter reading things will be ok.

Sorry for not been around much lately. Been up to my ears with paperwork and getting some work sorted out via computer. Been working till early hours some days :(. I hate working to deadlines on computer stuff, hence why trying to get out of it :).

Jason
19 Primrose House

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi All,

Finally getting my Scottish Power duel fuel online account setup. Been a few hiccups along the way, but fingers crossed it's all sorted.

Seems like there has been a lot of chaos caused due to wrong meter and then when meter was assisgned having previous company agree that current reading is over 5000 KWh above readings they'd had before.

Anyway as I say fingers crossed it all sorted and I guess it's caused Scottish Power a few headaches, as last time on phone to them they were talking about wrong meters, wrong dates for meters etc and how it was all a pigs ear basically, so suppose they've done well to sort out account for me :).

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:32 pm

I have had notification the issue has now been fully resolved from Scottish Power.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://primrosehouse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum